NDP SG Notes 30th Sep 2020

Stoke Lacy Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group Meeting 30th September 2020 at The Plough Inn, Stoke Lacy.

Attendees: Carole Leonard, Meg Warren, Bill Morgan, Jo Davies, Freddie Lewis, Ali Parker, Martyn Gillam and James Wilson.
Other attendees: One member of the public.
Apologies: Alma Westwood

1) Issues and Options – update. BM introduced the meeting by explaining that the Issues and Options document is now fully drafted and has been circulated to the Parish Councillors for comments. The full and condensed versions will be put before the Parish Council for approval at their meeting on 14th October. The steering group’s main focus now should be communication with the community about their involvement in public meetings and other community consultation.

2) Call for Sites – video call with AECOM JD reported on the call with Tim Fearn which took place on 23rd September. Draft report expected in time for the November public meetings, full report by Christmas. A site visit will take place but we will not be notified of the date unless access is required to some of the sites. Notes have been circulated on this meeting already.
BM has emailed an example of a CFS community questionnaire from Chaddesley Corbett which Louise Kirkup suggested could be adapted for Stoke Lacy.

3) Community Meeting Video – FL reported that the script and storyboard for the video is 80% complete and there is a further meeting planned for tonight between FL, AP and MG. There has been a rethink on the format and they have sourced Doodly software for animation purposes. They have rejected the idea of using individual interviews as this might be seen as too political.

4) Campaign for the Protection of Rural England (CPRE) MW has spoken to Andrew McRobb of CPRE who emphasised the importance of including policy on footpaths, hedgerows and views in the NDP. He is willing to attend any public meeting as an expert.
MW has also spoken, at length, to a landscape historian, David Lovelace, who has a number of resources at his disposal: LIDAR data – archaeological mapping of the parish, tithe maps, aerial photography etc. All of which can aid in establishing areas of historic importance within the parish. DL believes that the motte could be of historical significance and should be noted as such under the NDP. He is prepared to assist – his costs are £40p/h and estimated that it could take a day and a half or c.£350- £400. It was agreed that DL be invited to the next meeting to speak to the steering group for an initial discussion.

5) Footpaths – A brief discussion took place regarding footpaths and the replacement of stiles with kissing gates for easier access for the public. The parish council are discussing this matter at their meeting on 14th October.

6) Communications – Once approved by the parish council, it was agreed that the steering group will distribute the condensed version of I&O to every household. JD will liaise with CL and JW over costings for printing the documents, a quote from Counterprint in Bishops Frome in comparison with JW’s business printing costs. JD will prepare a distribution list in line with that of the Cider Press and allocate areas for each SG member to distribute. Copies will be delivered in mid-October with a 6- week deadline for completing the questionnaire. Post boxes will be placed at the village hall and the church and these will be emptied by JD and BM.

The public meetings will take place on Wednesday 18th November 18.30-21.00 and on Saturday 23rd November 10.00 -12.00. To comply with Covid regulations, a maximum of 20 people is permitted in the village hall, these numbers will have to be managed by the steering group, other Covid regulations will be in place such as availability of hand sanitiser and social distancing, masks etc.

The video will be available to watch in the hall and will be posted to the website. The full version and condensed version of the I&O will be available on the website. All those who reply to the questionnaire will need to supply name and address to avoid multiple replies from individuals. BM will provide a GDPR disclaimer to include on the document.

JW will provide a telephone number for individuals with questions with an answering service. This line will also be used so that parishioners can request a call back by a member of the steering group to answer questions and take comments.

Countdown signage and posters will be displayed at the village hall and on The Old Rectory Gate as previously.

7) Any other business – It was agreed that communication among the steering group should remain via email.
The next meetings will be at 6.30pm on 7th October via video conferencing and on 14th October at 6.30pm at the Village hall, prior to the parish council meeting.

The meeting closed at 7.45pm

Future meetings

NDP Meetings Parish Council Mtgs
For info.
Date Time Location Meeting details
7th October 18:30 Video NDP Steering Group
14th October 18:30 Video NDP Steering Group Wed 14th October 19.30
14th October 19:30 Video / Village Hall? Parish Council meeting to approve final version of I&O
21st October 18:30 Video NDP Steering Group
4th November 18:30 Video NDP Steering Group
11th November 18:30 Video NDP Steering Group
11th November 19:30 Video / Village Hall Parish Council meeting
18th Nov 18:00
20:00 Village
Hall/Video Community meetings
21st Nov 10:00
14:00 Village
Hall/Video Community meetings
25th November 18:30 Video NDP Steering Group
2nd Dec 18:30 Plough? NDP Steering Group Wed 9th Dec 19:30
6th Jan 18:30 Plough? NDP Steering Group
20th Jan 18:30 Plough? NDP Steering Group

Activities and suggested target dates:
Thursday 20th August Send all completed ‘Call for Sites’ proposals to AECOM (BM)
Monday 31st August Latest version of Issues and Options document completed and sent to Louise for review (SG & BM)
Wednesday 2nd September NDP SG – outline format, activities and owners for
Community Meeting (SG)
Friday 11th September Final draft of I&O to Louise
Wednesday 16th September SG meeting – check progress for Community Meeting preparation (SG)
Wednesday 23rd September Final adjustments to I&O
Wednesday 23rd September Video Call with AECOM
Friday 25th September Final comments to Louise (BM)
Monday 28th September Distribute final Issues and Options document to Stoke Lacy Parish Council for comments at November meeting (SG)
Wednesday 7th October
NDP SG – check impact of communications (SG)
Wednesday 14th October Parish Council approval for Issues & Options doc.
Thursday 15th October Advertise date of Community Meeting on Village hall & Freddie’s gate etc., (CL, MW)
Wednesday 21st October Possible SG meeting – progress check for Community Meeting and communications (SG)
Wednesday 4th November NDP SG – check final preparations for Community meeting (SG)
Wednesday 18th November NDP Community meeting 6pm to 8pm (SG)
Saturday 21st November NDP Community meeting 10am to 2pm (SG)
November/December Collate all data from Community Meetings and update NDP documentation (All & LK)
January 2021 Finalise NDP Documentation
February 2021 Community Referendum